EP01 technology continues to expand its geographical limits, now reaching Indonesia.
Why is Indonesian partner interested in EP01? The answer is that the EP01 increases the maintenance period compared to the current technology, and it operates in a permanent mode to increase the productivity of the well fund.
As the technology is new to the Partner and the oil company, it has been decided to test the EP01 technology in two stages:
- Make sure that the technology works;
- Verify the technical parameters of the equipment.
For the first stage, the customer selected a well with the following specifications:
- Perforation depth – 546 ft
- Fluid temperature – 143 °F
- Gas-oil ratio (GOR) – 50 scf/stb
Previously, the ESP worked on this well. The ESP was released below the perforation to ensure operation because of low inflow from the oil well fund. Under such conditions the ESP performance was as follows:
- Fluid rate – 120 bpd
- Flooding – 98%
- Oil flow rate – 2,4 bpd
Triol recommends that the customer install the unit to a depth of 520 ft and keep the pump intake pressure up to 52 psi. This decision was made to maximize the proportion of oil in the lifted fluid. The equipment was commissioned on 21.11.2021.
The results have exceeded all expectations. With a fluid flow rate of 14 bpd, the flooding was only 1%. These figures indicate that when EP01 is in operation, the oil production is 13.8 bpd, which is almost 575% higher than the ESP in operation. Although the flow rate is minimal, the unit operates continuously and maintains a constant intake pressure.
To maintain minimum intake pressure, the Triol engineer will adjust not only the number of cycles but also the stroke length. This demonstrates to the partner and the oil company the flexibility of EP01 technology to provide continuous operation in wells with minimum flow rates.
At the moment the oil company is selecting a well for the second stage, and the results of the second stage will be described later.
If you want to increase income from your low flow rate wells, contact the Triol managers in your region.
- Operation in con-stant mode in wells with a minimum flow rate of 8 bpd.
- Decrease fluid flooding.
- Position the unit as close to the perfora-tions as possible.
- Adjust lift parame-ters to ensure the intake pressure is 52 psi.
- Flooding decreased from 98% to 1%.
- Oil debit increased by 575%.
- The unit operates in constant mode, without stopping due to the "Receiving pressure" alarm.
Triol has released a catalog on harmonic filters, available to order already!